This is absolutely the best dessert ever.
3 egg whites
1 cup sugar
1 cup chopped pecans
23 Ritz crackers, finely crushed
1/2 pint whipping cream
3 tblspns Nestle's Quik (cocoa won't work)
1/4 cup sugar
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Butter a glass pie pan.
3. Beat egg whites til stiff, gradually add 1 cup sugar til dissolved.
4. Mix in vanilla.
5. Fold in cracker crumbs and pecans.
6. Bake at 325 for 25 minutes.
7. Cool completely. (I usually put in refrigerator til cold).
8. Mix Nestle's Quik and 1/4 cup sugar together in a small bowl.
9. Whip cream and add Quik and sugar when peaks.
10. Spread on pie and refrigerate.