These are the best cookies I have ever eaten. They are pretty, also. Very easy to make. These freeze well for up to 3 months.
2 cups red candied cherries, chopped
1 cup chopped pecans
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/8 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
Sifted powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper or lightly grease. Set aside.
3. Combine cherries and nuts with 2 tblspns of the flour and stir to coat. Set aside.
4. Cream butter and sugar and salt til well mixed. Add eggs and vanilla til well combined.
5. Beat in rest of flour.
6. Stir fruit and nuts into dough.
7. Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.
8. Bake 12-15 minutes. Cool on wire rack. Sprinkle sifted powdered sugar over tops of cookies.
9. Store cookies in airtight container with layers separated with wax paper.