This is my grandmother's recipe. It is delicious and very pretty for Christmas. Be sure to look below at frosting ingredients when getting your ingredients together.
3 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups Crisco
3 3/4 cups plain flour
3/4 cup milk
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 tsp almond
1 (10ounce) bottle red cherries, drained & chopped
1. Preheat oven to 275. Grease and flour bundt pan.
2. Cream sugar and Crisco. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each one.
3. Add flour and milk, beginning and ending with flour. Add vanilla and almond flavors.
4. Fold in half of chopped cherries.
5. Bake at 275 for 2 hours.
1 (8 ounce) cream cheese, softened
1/2 stick margarine
1/2 cup flaked coconut
1/2 cup chopped pecans
2 cups 10x Powdered sugar
1. Cream margarine and cream cheese til fluffy.
2. Add powdered sugar and mix well.
3. Stir in coconut and pecans.
4. Put on warm cake.